When you leave your pets with us, you can relax with the knowledge that whether they require medical attention, or just in need of routine care, our Veterinarians, Licensed Veterinary Technicians and trained staff will be there to care for them. When your dog or cat comes in for boarding the first time, we will schedule your check-in with a Veterinarian. You and your pet will meet with a Veterinarian and your pet will receive a complimentary brief exam. If your pet requires a more detailed exam, please ask to schedule a normal exam with the Veterinarian as more time will be required.
Dogs are walked at least three times daily. We have three separately fenced-in areas behind our facility for exercising pets safely. Your dog will always be supervised while he is outside. Cats may not need to be walked but they still receive loving attention throughout their stay. If your pet has any special toys they like to play with, feel free to bring them along. We love to take play breaks with the pets!
- Large Dog Boarding: one 5’ by 5’ run and six 3’ by 5’ runs
- Small Dog Boarding: may be kept in either a run, a smaller cage, or in a separate room to make them feel safe and secure.
- Cat Boarding: kept in cat condos in another separate room, away from the dogs.
- Special Needs Patients: receive the kind of care you would expect at a state-of-the-art Veterinary Hospital. If you have any questions about the kind of care your pet will receive during his boarding stay, or you have any other inquiries, please call us at 518-885-5650. We’ll be happy to answer all of your boarding (and non-boarding) questions!
Things to Bring When Boarding at Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic: We provide everything you need, but if you prefer to bring your own supplies please see below:
- Medications: If your dog or cat is currently taking any medications, please bring those along.
- Food: Feel free to bring your pets food to avoid any stomach upset. If your dog or cat has any food allergies, please make us aware of them.
- Bedding: We have plenty of donated blankets and bedding here!
- Toys: We recommend bringing your pets’ favorite toy to keep them occupied! We have different toys here, but most animals are happier with something familiar.
Services Offered While Boarding at Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic:
- Grooming Package*($67.50 + tax) (Includes Ear Clean, Bath, Nails, and Anal Gland Expression)
- Underwater Treadmill Exercise ($30.45 + tax per 20 minute session)
The addition of our Hydrotherapy Tank affords our boarders a unique opportunity. If you would like your dog to have some additional fun exercise while staying with us, the underwater treadmill provides a stimulating experience. Your dog will be trained how to use the treadmill first, accompanied in the tank by one of our technicians. Please call with any further questions about this great service!
Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic also features Hydro Surge Bathing!
* If your pet soils himself in his kennel, he will need to be bathed for his well-being at your expense.
Required for Boarding at Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic:
Must be up-to-date on the following vaccines and tests:
- Rabies vaccine
- Distemper/Parvo vaccine (DHLPP)
- Bordetella vaccine
- Fecal Test negative in the last 12 months
- Heartworm Test in the last 12 months
- Must be on Heartworm Preventative
- *Canine influenza vaccine recommended
- Feline Leukemia/FIV Test
- Rabies vaccine
- Feline Distemper vaccine (FVRCP)
Boarding Charges: (Check-out time is after 9am or after 10am if they are getting a Grooming Package) No charge on the day of pick up if you pick up pet prior to 12:00 pm.
- Dog Boarding————————-$44.00 + tax per day
- Cat Boarding————————–$31.00 + tax per day
- Additional dog in a run———–$40.00 + tax per day
Medical Boarding: (1 Medication Per Day)
- Dog Boarding——————————–$51.98 + tax per day
- Cat Boarding———————————$39.85 + tax per day
Medical Boarding: (2 or More Medications Per Day)
- Dog Boarding——————————–$61.95 + tax per day
- Cat Boarding———————————$48.30 + tax per day
DOWNLOAD OUR BOARDING FORMS HERE:
Boarding is by appointment only. Drop-off and pick-up during these scheduled hours only:
8 am to 8 pm — Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm — Saturday and Sunday