In January, 2004, Dr. Eric M. Andersen and his wife, Dr. Danica Salamun became the new owners of the Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic in Ballston Spa, New York. Together they have a combined 18 years of small animal veterinary practice experience.
Dr. Andersen graduated from Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1996. His special interests include Orthopedic Surgery, Soft-Tissue Surgery, Physical Therapy and Practice Management. Dr. Salamun graduated from Oregon State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1998. Her interests include Canine and Feline Behavior, Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Ultrasound and Dentistry.
Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic has been a venerable fixture of the Ballston Spa community for over 80 years. In 1932, one year after Harry E. Hansen graduated from the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, he opened the Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic. As the present location for the animal hospital was being built (1932-33), Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic operated from the enclosed porch of his house at 26 Hyde Blvd. in Ballston Spa.
In 1966, Harry’s son J.Peter Hansen, graduated from Cornell and joined his father at Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic. At that time the practice’s patients consisted of 70% large animals and 30% small animals. Two years later they added a second story to the veterinary clinic for office space, a Laboratory, a Radiology Darkroom, and drug storage.
In 1976, an addition was added to the East side of the animal hospital, creating a second Exam Room, Waiting Room, Surgery and Prep room.
In 1995, the large animal portion of Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic was discontinued due to the dwindling number of area farms and increased driving times, and the small animal portion was expanded.
Dr. Andersen and Dr. Salamun purchased Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic from Dr. Hansen in January of 2004.
In March of 2007, Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic was moved to its new location on the corner of Saratoga Avenue and Route 50 in Ballston Spa. The new, state-of-the-art 9000 sq. ft. veterinary clinic, designed by Brad Rabinowitz of Burlington and built by Bette & Cring, is providing Saratoga County (and beyond) and its pets with high quality veterinary care and service.